Nov 17, 2010

Shawshank Redemption Quotes

Shawshank Redemption Quotes
Red: King me.
Andy Dufresne: Chess. Now there's a game of kings.
Red: What?
Andy Dufresne: Civilized. Strategic...
Red: ...and a total fuckin' mystery. I hate it.
Red/Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption
Red: You're gonna fit right in. Everyone in here is innocent. Heywood, what're you in here for?
Heywood: Didn't do it. Lawyer fucked me.
Heywood/Red, The Shawshank Redemption

Heywood: The Count of Monte Crisco...
Floyd: That's "Cristo" you dumb shit.
Heywood: ...by Alexandree Dumb-ass. Dumb-ass.
Andy Dufresne: Dumb-ass? "Dumas". You know what it's about? You'll like it, it's about a prison break.
Red: Well we should file that one under "Educational" too, oughten we?
Floyd/Red/Andy Dufresne/Heywood, The Shawshank Redemption

I have to remind myself that some birds aren't meant to be caged. Their feathers are just too bright. And when they fly away, the part of you that knows it was a sin to lock them up DOES rejoice. Still, the place you live in is that much more drab and empty that they're gone. I guess I just miss my friend.
Red, The Shawshank Redemption

You're gonna look real funny sucking my dick with no teeth.
Captain Hadley, The Shawshank Redemption

Fat Ass: I'm not supposed to be here! I want to go home! I want my ma!
Another Prisoner: Yeah, I had your momma, she wasn't that great!
Anonymous, The Shawshank Redemption

Forty years I been asking permission to piss. I can't squeeze a drop without say-so.
Red, The Shawshank Redemption

Andy Dufresne: If they ever try to trace any of those accounts, they're gonna end up chasing a figment of my imagination.
Red: Well, I'll be damned. Did I say you were good? Shit, you're a Rembrandt!
Andy Dufresne: Yeah. The funny thing is - on the outside, I was an honest man, straight as an arrow. I had to come to prison to be a crook.
Red/Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

These walls are kind of funny. First you hate 'em, then you get used to 'em. Enough time passes, gets so you depend on them. That's institutionalized. They send you here for life, that's exactly what they take. The part that counts, anyways.
Red, The Shawshank Redemption

The government reaches inside your shirt and squeezes until your tit turns purple.
Captain Hadley, The Shawshank Redemption

What is your malfunction, you fat barrel of monkey spunk?
Captain Hadley, The Shawshank Redemption
If I hear so much as a mouse fart in here the rest of the night I swear by God and sonny Jesus you will all visit the infirmary. Every last motherfucker in here.
Captain Hadley, The Shawshank Redemption
I believe in two things: discipline and the Bible. Here you'll receive both. Put your trust in the Lord; your ass belongs to me. Welcome to Shawshank.
Warden Samuel Norton, The Shawshank Redemption
Prison life consists of routine, and then more routine.
Red, The Shawshank Redemption

No comments:

Post a Comment