Nov 8, 2010

Matrix Quotes

Matrix Quotes
Matrix Quotes

Trinity: Follow the white rabbit... Knock, knock, Neo.

Neo: Have you ever had that feeling...where you're not sure if you're awake or still dreaming?
Choi: Mmm... All the time. It's called mescaline... it's the only way to fly.

Trinity: My name is Trinity.
Neo: Trinity. The Trinity? That cracked the IRS D-base?
Trinity: That was a long time ago.
Neo: Jesus.
Trinity: What?
Neo: I just thought...you were a guy.
Trinity: Most guys do.

Trinity: I know why you're here, Neo. I know what you've been doing. I know why you hardly sleep, why you live alone, and why night after night, you sit at your computer. You're looking for him. I know, because I was once looking for the same thing. And when he found me, he told me I wasn't really looking for him. I was looking for an answer. It's the question that drives us, Neo. It's the question that brought you here. You know the question, just as I did.

Agent Smith: As you can see, we've had our eye on you for some time now, Mr. Anderson. It seems that you've been living two lives. In one life, you're Thomas A. Anderson, program writer for a respectable software company. You have a Social Security number, you pay your taxes, and... you help your landlady carry out her garbage. The other life is lived in computers, where you go by the hacker alias Neo, and are guilty of virtually every computer crime we have a law for. One of these lives has a future, and one of them does not. I'm going to be as forthcoming as I can be, Mr. Anderson. You're here because we need your help. We know that you've been contacted by a certain individual: A man who calls himself Morpheus. Now, whatever you think you know about this man is irrelevant. He is considered by many authorities to be the most dangerous man alive. My colleagues believe that I'm wasting my time with you, but I believe you wish to do the right thing. We're willing to wipe the slate clean. Give you a fresh start. And all that we're asking in return is your cooperation in bringing a known terrorist to justice.

Agent Smith: And tell me, Mr. Anderson, what good is a phone call if you're unable to speak?


Agent Smith: And tell me, Mr. Anderson, what good is a phone call if you're unable to speak?

Neo: What truth?
Morpheus: That you are a slave, Neo. Like everyone else you were born into bondage. Born into a prison that you cannot smell or taste or touch. A prison for your mind. Unfortunately, no one can be told what the Matrix is. You have to see it for yourself. This is your last chance. After this, there is no turning back. [opens hand, revealing blue pill] You take the blue pill, the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. [opens hand, revealing red pill] You take the red pill, you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes. Remember: all I'm offering is the truth. Nothing more.
Neo: Why do my eyes hurt?
Morpheus: You've never used them before.
Morpheus: What is real? How do you define real? If you're talking about what you can hear, what you can smell, taste and feel then real is simply electrical signals interpreted by your brain.

Morpheus: You've been living in a dreamworld, Neo. This is the world...as it exists today. Welcome to the desert of the real.

Tank: Me and my brother, Dozer, are 100% pure, old-fashioned, homegrown human.

Tank: Now, we're supposed to start with these operations programs first. That's major boring shit. Let's do something a little more fun. How about combat training?

Morpheus: How is he?
Tank: Ten hours straight. He's a machine.
Neo: I know kung fu.

Morpheus: Do you believe that my being stronger or faster has anything to do with my muscles in this place? You think that's air you're breathing now?

Morpheus: Don't think you are, know you are. Come on! Stop trying to hit me and hit me!

Morpheus: I'm trying to free your mind, Neo. But I can only show you the door. You're the one that has to walk through it.
Agent Smith: The great Morpheus. We meet at last.
Morpheus: And you are?
Agent Smith: Uh, Smith. Agent Smith.
Morpheus: You all look the same to me.




Cypher: God, I wish I could be there... when they break 'ya. I wish I could walk in just when it happens, so that right then, you'd know it was me.



Neo: What are you doing?
Trinity: Going with you.
Neo: No you're not.
Trinity: ... No? Let me tell you what I believe. I believe Morpheus means more to me than he does to you; I believe if you are really serious about saving him, you are going to need my help; and, since I am the ranking officer on this ship, if you don't like it... I believe you can go to hell- because you aren't going anywhere else. Tank, load us up.

No comments:

Post a Comment