Nov 9, 2010

Saving Private Ryan Quotes

Saving Private Ryan Quotes

Corporal Upham: Uh, Caparzo, right?
Private Caparzo: Hey Corporal, drop dead! And another thing, whenever you salute the Captain you make him an open target for the Germans so don't do it, especially when I'm standing near him!

Captain Miller: I just know that every man I kill, the farther away from home I feel.
Captain Miller: "The Statue of Liberty is kaput" - that's disconcerting.
Private Reiben: Well, maybe not the captain, but the rest of us got mothers.
Upham: "Theirs not to reason why, theirs but to do and die."
Mellish: La-la, la-la, la-la, la-la, la-la, la-la, la-la, la-la. What the f**k is that supposed to mean, Corporal, huh? We're all supposed to die, is that it?
Captain Miller: Upham's talking about our duty as soldiers.
Upham: Yes, sir.
Captain Miller: We all have orders, and we have to follow 'em. That supersedes everything, including your mothers.
Upham: Yes, sir. Thank you sir.
Private Reiben: Even if you think the mission's FUBAR, sir?
Captain Miller: *Especially* if you think the mission's FUBAR.

Captain Miller: Caparzo, get that kid back up there!
Private Caparzo: Captain, the decent thing to do would be take her over to the next town.
Captain Miller: We're not here to do the decent thing, we're here to follow f**king orders!

Private Reiben: You want to explain the math of this to me? I mean, where's the sense in risking the lives of the eight of us to save one guy?
Captain Miller: Anyone wanna answer that?
Medic Wade: Hey, think about the poor bastard's mother.
Private Reiben: Hey, Wade, I got a mother, you got a mother, the sarge has got a mother. I'm willing to bet that even the Captain's got a mother. Well, maybe not the Captain, but the rest of us have got mothers.

Private Jackson: Be not that far from me, for trouble is near; haste Thee to help me.
Private Jackson: Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.
Private Jackson: O my God, I trust in thee: let me not be ashamed, let not mine enemies triumph over me.
Private Jackson: Seems to me, Cap'n, this mission is a serious misallocation of valuable military resources.

No comments:

Post a Comment