Nov 9, 2010

American Beauty Quotes

American Beauty Quotes

Brad: [reading Lester's job assessment] "My job consists of basically masking my contempt for the assholes in charge, and, at least once a day, retiring to the men's room so I can jerk off while I fantasize about a life that doesn't so closely resemble Hell." Well, you have absolutely no interest in saving yourself.
Lester Burnham: Brad, for 14 years I've been a whore for the advertising industry. The only way I could save myself now is if I start firebombing.

Lester Burnham: Look at me, jerking off in the shower... This will be the high point of my day; it's all downhill from here.
Ricky Fitts: Excuse me for speaking so bluntly sir. But those fags make me want to puke my f**king guts out.
Colonel Frank Fitts: [pauses] Well, me too son. Me too.

Ricky Fitts: It was one of those days when it's a minute away from snowing and there's this electricity in the air, you can almost hear it. And this bag was, like, dancing with me. Like a little kid begging me to play with it. For fifteen minutes. And that's the day I knew there was this entire life behind things, and... this incredibly benevolent force, that wanted me to know there was no reason to be afraid, ever. Video's a poor excuse, I know. But it helps me remember... and I need to remember... Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world I feel like I can't take it, like my heart's going to cave in.
Caterer: I'm not paying you to do... whatever it is you're doing out here.
Ricky Fitts: Fine. So don't pay me.
Caterer: Excuse me?
Ricky Fitts: I quit. So you don't have to pay me. Now leave me alone.
Caterer: ...asshole.
Lester Burnham: I think you just became my personal hero!

Carolyn Burnham: Honey, I'm so proud of you. I watched you very closely, and you didn't screw up once!
Buddy Kane: In order to be successful, one must project an image of success at all times.

No comments:

Post a Comment