Nov 11, 2010

Gladiator Quotes

Gladiator Quotes

Maximus: I knew a man once who said, "Death smiles at us all. All a man can do is smile back."


Maximus: Why don't they know they're already dead?


Maximus: The time for honoring yourself will soon be at an end, Highness.


Maximus: I am a slave! What possible difference can I make?


Maximus: You're in danger of becoming a good man, Proximo.


Maximus: My name is Gladiator.


Maximus: Whatever comes out of these gates, we've got a better chance of survival if we work together. Do you understand? If we stay together, we survive.


Commodus: There are many forms of courage.


Commodus: Am I not merciful?!


Commodus: He sleeps so well because he is loved.


Commodus: It vexes me. I'm terribly vexed.


Marcus Aurelius: Your faults as a son is my failure as a father.


Marcus Aurelius: When was the last time you were home?
Maximus: Two years, two hundred and sixty-four days and this moment.


Lucilla: Today I saw a slave become more powerful than the Emperor of Rome.


Proximo: Those giraffes you sold me, they won't mate. They just walk around eating, and not mating. You sold me queer giraffes!


Proximo: Listen to me. Learn from me. I was not the best because I killed quickly. I was the best because the crowd loved me. Win the crowd and you will win your freedom.

No comments:

Post a Comment